The Fundamentals of Qualified Plans program covers a range of topics designed to familiarize the audience with general requirements of qualified plans. The program is intended to be an introduction to qualified plan rules and is presented at a level suitable for those new to the retirement plan industry.
Historically presented in a full-day seminar setting, this online certificate program is organized into the following sections:
- Qualified Plan Overview
- Qualified Plan Establishment
- Eligibility and Participation Requirements
- Contribution Allocations
- Vesting and Forfeitures
- Minimum and Maximum Contributions
- Permitted Disparity Minimum Coverage,
- Minimum Participation and General Non-Discrimination Testing
- Reviewing What You Have Learned
This course is intended to be an introduction to qualified plan rules and is presented at a level suitable for those new to the world of retirement plan industry. It is suggested that this course be completed prior to the APA or APR course work.