NIPA’s Loan Administrator Certificate Program was designed to provide a comprehensive training option and review course for staff members whose job responsibilities include any aspect of participant loan processing or loan maintenance.
Lesson topics include:
- Loan limit calculations for single-loan programs or the more complex, multi-loan programs
- Loan documentation including the promissory note and amortization schedule plus the Plan Document provisions and Participant Loan Program issues that affect the issuance and maintenance of loans
- Top-10 Pointers to ensure compliance with the loan regulations from the IRS and the Dept. of Labor
- Rules for employees on leave from their jobs
- Dealing with deemed distributions and problem loan situations when loans go wrong
- Loan offsets that can be used to settle outstanding loan amounts after termination of employment has occurred
Given the ever-increasing complexity of rules and regulations governing retirement plan operations, the Loan Administrator Certificate Program is intended to support all levels of practitioners in the ongoing effort to stay up-to-date with the latest compliance requirements. The program also includes sample documentation and best practice recommendations to help practitioners in benchmarking for best practices regarding loan management.